What is a Community Herbalism Network?
What we end up with will be influenced by those who wish to be involved. But there are a couple of starting points. From Spring to Autumn the network will plant, tend to, and harvest herbs which we will make into medicines, teas and other wellbeing products that can be distributed to those who want and need them in the borough.
To do this we will:
– build new herb growing areas at the Company Drinks garden in Barking Park.
– support participants to grow herbs at home, either in their gardens or on their balconies
– connect with existing gardens and growing projects and support them to grow herbs
– create video and printed guides with tips on how to care for the plants at home and use them for home herbal first aid and wellbeing
– host workshops where we can meet in person where possible, share experiences, and learn about the uses, identifications, and histories of healing herbs.
– And of course, there will be harvesting and making workshops to turn everything we have grown together into medicines and other products for the community.
Whatever your experience, we would like to hear from you!